We love our state.
Not only is Maryland beautiful, it’s filled with character, charm, and plenty of endearing quirks. On Sunday, May 7, the Made In Maryland Festival will celebrate all the unique offerings of our marvelous state while also supporting local entrepreneurship.
From artisans, crafters, live jousting, food vendors, local wines and craft brews, live entertainment and beyond, here’s what ticket holders can expect during this exciting Maryland-themed afternoon along the Chesapeake Bay:
- Variety of master artisans & crafters featuring Maryland-themed products and beyond
- Live jousting performances by the Maryland Jousting Tournament Association
- Fresh flower market, just in time for Mother’s Day
- Food trucks offering Maryland culinary staples (think freshly shucked oysters, Old Bay fries, berger cookies, and more)
- Black-Eyed Susan handcrafted signature cocktails
- Regional wines and craft brews
- Live entertainment
- Children’s petting zoo & moon bounce
- Mascot appearances by Poe the Raven, Natty Boh, and the Chesapeake Mermaid
Through the 2017 Made In Maryland Festival, Kurtz’s Beach is proud to support the education and restoration programs of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
Located in Pasadena, Maryland, Kurtz’s Beach originally opened 83 years ago as a bathing beach. Today, the family-owned and operated venue hosts a variety of events, from weddings to fundraisers to festivals and more. The property boasts outdoor pavilions, a sprawling 10-acre field, a newly renovated indoor facility, a bay-front gazebo/patio area, and more.
Wine On The Water
Kurtz’s Beach is also home to Wine On The Water. Now in its third year, Wine On The Water has become Anne Arundel County’s premier wine and food festival that brings together the region’s finest wineries, breweries, food vendors and artisans each October. This year’s Wine On The Water will take place October 21-22, 2017. For information on being a 2017 vendor or sponsor, please visit www.wineonthewaterfest.com. Check out the video from 2016’s festival below!